June 27, 2011

My first blog entry! How exciting!

 Six months ago, I had never even looked at blogs (imagine that)!  Then one day I stumbled upon one and was totally impressed!  Soooooo full of information, ideas, and inspiration.  Reading other blogs totally sparked my creativity.  Not that I wasn't creative before, but now I have the opportunity to expand on it, which is why I created my own blog 
"Domesticated Darlings"
What do I have planned for this blog?  Oh my gosh.  The possibilities are endless!  But if I were going to narrow it down for you, I'd like to eventually include almost everything from A - Z.  Good job of narrowing it down?  
In time (after all, Rome wasn't built in a day)  you'll find entries on my experiences with... 

Home Improvements
Gardening
Creative Decorating on a Budget
Beauty Tips
Chihuahuas
Piano
Brittany Deanna Photography
Inspiring Quotes
Favorite Products
My Designer Aprons
Second Hand Treasures
The Importance of To-Do Lists
Day Off Delights
My Dog Beds
Homemade Dog Treats
Dog Bling
Dog Clothing.
Way too many inspirations for just one blog, but I'm hopeful that it will all come together, one entry at a time. 
Everyone has different things that inspire them.  Inspirations are what living life to it's fullest  is made of.  It's those little things that inspire us to try new things.  Things that we didn't know we were capable of or even wanted to try.
I've always considered myself to be a jack of all trades and a master of none...and then I saw this quote:

"One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular."  
Hmmmm...that one really made me think?  Am I just someone that dabbles?  You know what?  Maybe I am, but if so, I'm enjoying every 'lil bit of it! 

"It's the little moments, that make life big"
I live in just a small city called Chatham, Ontario, which is in Canada.     
This is me (Heather)
 
When I was growing up, I couldn't wait to move away, and now here I am in my 40's and still here.  Which I guess says a whole lot for little old Chatham!  My mother is the one that enabled me to have the creative spark.  She was a stay at home mom and very much into crafts, baking, and writing.  Multiple Sclerosis has unfortunately robbed her of being able to do these things, which I guess is where I step in.   Life has delivered many learning opportunities which has made me the woman that I am today.  Had two beautiful babies a son and a daughter, and throughout the years,  my daughter Brittany has remained my best friend, companion, and not a day goes by that I don't thank God for someone as special as her!! 
This is Brittany
  
  We have two darling Chihuahuas who are our little babies.  Never, ever wanted a Chihuahua for a dog, but an opportunity for a purebred baby came up and I just couldn't resist!  And that was the beginning of our love for these tiny dogs.  Soon we decided to get a  second Chihuahua.  I can not say enough about these darling dogs!  They are the sweetest, cuddliest, playful, and most special dogs!  And now, I can't even imagine our home without them.

This is Daphne


 And this is Dawson 


Can't forget our cat Oliver

I was a hairstylist for many years and although I loved the creativity and the interaction with people I realized that unless you owned your own business, it would never be profitable.  So, at 35 years of age, I decided to return to school and pursue my childhood goal of becoming a nurse.  Two years later I graduated from the Registered Practical Nursing Program and haven't looked back or regretted it since.  Going through school, I thought that the last place that I wanted to utilize my skills was in Geriatrics, but my first job was in a nursing home and to this day that is where I am employed full time.  I love everything about the elderly, especially how little it takes to make a difference in their day!   Very demanding job, but also a very rewarding one!
 
This blog is just a little glimpse into our daily life.  Hoping that you enjoy what I choose to share with you and hoping that I can provide inspiration for even just one. 
"Today you are you, that is truer than true.  There is no one alive who is youer than you."  Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

Brittany Deanna said...

Looking forward to the rest of your blog posts!