October 14, 2011

Let Whatever You Do Today, Be Enough

Yesterday was my only day off from work this week, and I had so much that I had hoped to accomplish during that one day.  Except...the clock kept ticking, and before I knew it the day had come to it's end, and my to-do list wasn't even barely touched! 


How does that happen you ask?  Well, to start with, I was organized and took the time to make a list of errands that I had to do, and items that I had to purchase.  I even gave myself a time frame to complete this list in!  And then off to the stores I went.  Now, I don't know about you, but sticking to a list is really, really hard for me!  Before I knew it a good chunk of the day had disappeared and my trunk was full.  And then there was car shopping for my daughter's first car, dinner, the never ending laundry, housework, playing with the dogs, and before I knew it the day was finished.  

Part of me can't help but feeling disappointed for all of the things that I didn't get to, but on the brighter side of things?  My to-do list will still be there.  That is something that I have definitely learned.  So I've proved to myself once again that I'm human and didn't get my daily goals accomplished.  Now I have a choice!

I can either feel disappointed in myself, or I can make a mental list of the things that I "did" accomplish and be happy for it!  Life shouldn't be about what you didn't accomplish, or couldn't afford, or couldn't be.  Instead, it should be about what you did accomplish, what you should be thankful for, who you are, and how happy and fulfilled you are.  Being happy is a choice! Count your blessings!


"Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have"

Take a long and serious look at what you do have, and soon you will have plenty of reasons to be happy!  

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet"

While wanting to achieve more in your life is good, being obsessed by it is not.  Be happy for what you have and where you are in life.  

"When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor, it's to enjoy each step along the way"


  Treasure every moment that you have, and remember that time waits for no one!

 

No comments: