July 07, 2011

McDonald's Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe

Once a year McDonald's comes out with their Shamrock Shake!  My daughter Brittany absolutely loves these & we always find our way through the drive through during the limited time that it is offered.  Thanks to one of my absolutely favorite sites "Pinterest" we can now enjoy these year round! I was a wee bit skeptical when I saw the recipe.  But after making it, I'm truly impressed!!  Soooooo yummy!!  You can pretty these shakes up by adding whipped cream to the top, but we prefer ours without. Brittany has to have her wisdom teeth removed in a couple of weeks so I know she'll definitely be wanting more of these, in fact she's put in a request ahead of time!!

McDonald's Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe

3 cups good quality ice cream
1 3/4 cup milk (we use skim)
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
Green Food Coloring

Blend all ingredients in a blender until completely smooth.  Pour into chilled glasses & enjoy!

No comments: