July 06, 2011

My "To-Do" List Planner

I don't know about you, but I have purchased many, many personal planners in the past, hopeful to be able to get more accomplished in a day, and I just end up frustrated. 
Yes, I have to admit, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to some things.  I'm just not a happy girl if I mess up, or if I have to change something.  Then what?  Do I scratch it out?  No, that wouldn't look good!  Maybe I should use white out.  But, I can't do that!  That would look messy!  So then I decide I'll just rip the page out!  But then my planner would be missing a day!  See what I mean?  This is why I gave up on personal planners for awhile.

Then one day, I was on my daughter's laptop, watching a Vlog of a girl my daughter's age.  Brittany had bookmarked her channel and faithfully watches all of her videos.  Although her videos are geared to women younger than me, she had the perfect solution to my personal planner dilemma!  

After a trip to the local Dollar Store and Office supply store, I was all set to now make the most of each day!  First...I bought a simple notebook.



The great thing about this planner is that you use Post-it Notes to write your daily lists on.  That way, if you make a mistake, or you want to change something, you simply change the Post-it Note!  No white out...no scratching things out...and no missing days from your planner! 



To add a little bit of variety to it & make it more pleasing to the eye, I purchased a variety of colors of Post-it Notes and rotate the colors.


 Such a simple little planner, but sometimes the simple things are the best!


People just don't realize the awesome power of a to-do list.  I tend to get so caught up in the activities of daily life, that all of the things that I had hoped to accomplish get pushed aside.  So, for me, the purpose of a planner isn't so much about staying organized, as it is about trying to direct my focus.

With a daily planner I can break tasks down into baby steps if need be, and it's almost like my own little pat on the back when I can cross something off of my list.  A mental reminder that I am making progress.

Also, for those of us that procrastinate from time to time (Be honest...we all tend to be a little guilty of this) the to-do list helps to eliminate procrastination.

"Hard work is often the easy work that you did not do at the proper time"  Soooooo true!!


Set aside just a few minutes each evening to write your to-do list and before you know it you will be amazed at all that you have accomplished.

"A year from now you will wish that you had started today"

No comments: