October 19, 2011

For The Love of Fall

"Autumn is a second spring when every flower is a leaf." 

 



Fall, truly is my favorite season.  The cooler weather and crisp air, the changing of the leaves, the selection of locally grown apples, decorating pumpkins, pretty potted mums, homemade pies, soups, chili, stews, and raking leaves.  For those that just seem to be able to complain that winter is on it's way, take the time to cherish the cycles of our seasons!  Open your eyes so that you can see the beauty in everything.  Think back to your childhood days when a pile of leaves was soooo much more then a nuisance.


Gone for now, are the days of carving Jack-O'-Lanterns.  No more little children at home to get excited about removing the pulp and seeds from inside of the pumpkin, or roasting the seeds (which we did every year, but nobody ever ate more than just a few to taste them), or creating unique faces, each one different from the next.  I will return to this pleasure I'm sure, when I am blessed with Grandchildren.  But for now, pumpkins in our home have taken on a whole new look.
Not sure yet, which ones I will do, but these are some of my favorites!

Love these for an Autumn / Halloween Mantle


If I had this type of a fence, I would sooooo do these!


Love this pumpkin...Simple, but cute!


Going to do the pumpkin on the top right.




And the polka dots..



Love this for the front entry!



And, if I didn't have a screen door, I would totally do this!  Soooo cute!




And this would be cute for a Halloween candy station



Those are just a handful of some of the decorating ideas that I have for this year...with Pinterest, the possibilities are endless!

Now....on to the ideas for the kitchen.  Can't wait to try these!




Pumpkin Cake made using 2 Bundt pans



Pumpkin Roll




How delicious does this look?  Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread




And a different twist on dumplings...Spiral Apple Dumplings




And Pumpkin Cupcakes...




And Apple Crumble Squares...Mmmmmm




Pumpkin Dump Cake - So easy!




Potato Soup in the CrockPot on a Brisk Fall Day




And a pot full of chili...you'll notice that this picture doesn't have a link only because I swear by my own recipe which I will share with you at a later date..Sooooo good!




And cute sweaters for the dogs...



Enjoy every little thing about Autumn.  It's here and gone so quickly!

No comments: