August 01, 2011

Wonderful, Glorious, Enjoyable Day Off

Have I mentioned how much I absolutely love days off work??  Soooo many things to do and soooo little free time!  Of course some of the things are mundane things like groceries, housework, and laundry, but then there is also that ever growing to-do list of things that I want to accomplish.  And then I stop for a minute and remember that oh so true quote:  "If you're always racing to the next moment, what happens to the one you're in"?   Saturday was Brittany's day off as well as mine, so we kissed the dogs good-bye, hopped in the car, and left for the day.

Isn't it funny how quickly you feel more relaxed when the city, the phone, and the busy schedules are all in the rearview mirror?  Our destination was less than two hours away, but yet it felt like we were in a different world.  Suddenly everything felt brand new! We didn't even look at the time once that day.  As we left our last stop I asked Brittany to check what time it was, and then I said "You know what?  Don't check!  It doesn't even matter"!  Definitely need more days like that! 

Along the highway we passed so many wind turbines.  I'm not sure why, but still to this day I am so fascinated by these...They remind me of something so futuristic!




Our first stop was Picard's Peanuts which is the home of the Canadian Peanut.  


We usually try to go at least once a year.  My absolute favourite treat there are the Chipnuts!  Mmmmm...So yummy!   They have 14 different flavours of crisp potato chip covered peanuts & you even get to try samples before you choose.  My top choices are Salt and Vinegar, Dill Pickle, and Barbecue.



Brittany's favourite?  Milk chocolate covered raisins.  These didn't even make it home.  Her excuse was that it was hot & they would have melted if she left them.  Have I mentioned that when it comes to chocolate she has absolutely no will power?  But that's okay...she somehow seems to be able to eat all the chocolate she wants and still manages to stay as trim as she is!  Can you say jealous??  

Next stop?  Sparta Country Candles to stock up on scented monster pucks for our warmer.  Soooo many heavenly scents to choose from.  I ended up purchasing a new warmer along with Sunburst, Strawberry Fields, Cookie Crunch, Elgin Country Cobbler, and then the best new scents ever, Double Double & French Vanilla.  You mix half and half and it smells just like Tim Horton's!  Even Brittany bought this one!


 




This store also has soooo much more then just candles.




I still think Brittany should have bought one of these hats!


Love this sign for the yard but so not worth the $26!  Had to take a picture of it though so that hopefully I can come up with a good way of making my own.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!



And although I'm sure you've all seen a doormat like this, I love it and have to make one!



And...this little sign is sweet and so true, at least in our home

These little signs caught my eye..so simple to make, but yet they say so much!



And this next beauty, Brittany and I called "Creepy Fairy"...I think we might have watched just one too many scary movies!


From here we drove just up the road to "Winter Wheat".  Such a charming place to spend time at!  Husband and wife have transformed their 5 acre property into this charming, whimsicle attraction.  She is a Canadian Folk Artist and her work is showcased in their store as well as in all of the cabins on the property.  He is the creator of the attractions on the grounds.  



This saying says it all...I could sooooo imagine living on this property!



This is Brittany's favourite!


Each cabin has their trademark fragrance, coffee, cookies, and a guest book while you relax.



It just so happened that this day they had live music piped all throughout the grounds.  Beautiful relaxing melodies.  She played the harp beautifully!


Inside of the cabin...all of the artwork is Lucy's


Brittany signing one of the guestbooks



Sooooo many absolutely beautiful ferns!  I totally have to get one of these!







I don't think anything goes to waste here...He uses everything you could think of for his displays!




Beautiful flowers & greenery all throughout the property









This lamp in one of the cabins is sooooo cute!





One of their store window treatments

This piece actually plays music
So many great spots for pictures, had to take advantage of the opportunity

This is their home which is located right in the midst of their property...soooo charming!




One of the many bird houses for sale in their store...I soooo have to make one of these!


Cornfield behind the parking lot...


Beautiful horses on the way home that we just had to stop & visit!



A girl can dream....



Cute little garden flag that I picked up on our travels


Such an enjoyable day with Brittany!  If only days off didn't fly by so quickly!  
Do more of what makes you happy...Life is too short!

No comments: